Although the legislation on foreigners in Spain offers several options for obtaining a residence and work permit as a highly qualified professional, in practice few authorizations are granted in this way. The reason, however, is that in most cases the requests are poorly prepared. Here we clarify the main doubts about this aspect. Highly qualified professional: two different regimes The first thing you …

Highly qualified professional: keys to the residence permit Leer más »

Tagged with: , ,

In a previous article we talked about different aspects of asylum and refuge (in what it consists, the reasons, the procedure, etc.). In practice, the most important of all these points is how to prove the reasons for obtaining asylum in Spain. Thus, it is not enough to claim that persecution is suffered for political, religious, social or sexual preference reasons. You have …

Evidence that you must contribute to obtain asylum in Spain Leer más »

Tagged with: , ,

Es posible obtener el certificado de empadronamiento aunque no se tenga domicilio fijo.

One of the material documents that you must obtain as a resident in Spain, whether you are in a regular situation or an irregular one (that is, “without papers”), is the certificate of registration (“padrón municipal” or “empadronamiento”), which you will need for many formalities, including obtaining a Residence and work permit, or the granting of Spanish nationality (citizenship). What is the certificate …

How to obtain the municipal registry having no domicile Leer más »

Tagged with: ,

Royal Decree 240/2007, of February 16, allows you to obtain residency in Spain, through the community family card (EU family member residence card), if you are a spouse, domestic partner, ascendant or descendant of a Spanish citizen or of the European Union living in Spain. Even this possibility has been extended to other relatives when certain assumptions are met. However, although at first …

What to do if you are denied a community family card (NIE) Leer más »

Tagged with: , ,

On October 11, the Order of the Ministry of Justice 1625/2016, dated September 30, on the processing of procedures to obtain Spanish nationality by residence, was published in the Official State Gazette (BOE). It is, in turn, a development of Royal Decree 1004/2015, of November 6, containing the Regulation that regulates the aforementioned procedure. The order, as it could not be otherwise, repeats …

5 changes in the procedures for obtaining Spanish nationality Leer más »

Tagged with: , ,

viajar a España sin visado

In principle, a foreigner who wishes to go to Spain as a tourist must obtain a visa, processed in the Spanish consulate in the country of origin or residence. However, there are some States whose citizens can travel to Spain without a visa, with a valid passport. (UPDATED 01/01/2019) (Check here the list of countries to whose citizens a visa is required and …

Travel to Spain without a visa: requirements that you must meet Leer más »

Tagged with: , ,